Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Spinach and Feta Quiche

Wow it's been a while huh? Christmas was a blur of celebration and fun, but boy do I have some exciting news!!!! I got a Kitchenaid stand mixer in Boysenberry (that's purple for you non-fruity folks) !!! Wooooo! It was a very generous gift from my husband and best friend. They like to combo-gift sometimes... And it always results in a very happy Brittany. I've always felt like a stand mixer was the last step to me becoming a real foodie. And now I am! Or will be... Target had some "shipping difficulties" (whatever that means) and it hasn't arrived yet. I will take some great photos and make something difficult in honor of it when it arrives. (Maybe a cheesecake... with whipped cream???)

In the mean time, though, I'm still cooking some good stuff in our old oven. This recipe was sent to me by my best friend Katie, and it's one of Aj's favorites! He loves it at all times of year, but I think especially in the winter. It's extremely easy to make and also very cheap! Photo to the left.

Spinach & Feta Quiche
  • 1 pre-made pie crust (in the refrigerator section, a flaky pastry crust)
  • 3 Eggs, beaten
  • 1 Cup milk mixed with 2 tbsp. flour
  • 1/4 Cup melted butter, cooled slightly
  • 1/2 Tsp. salt
  • 1/4 Tsp. fresh cracked pepper
  • 10 Oz thawed and drained spinach (squeeze the water out)
  • 4 Oz crumbled feta cheese
  1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
  2. Put pie crust into pie pan and prick all over with a fork.
  3. Bake for 5-8 minutes. Remove and set aside.
  4. Turn oven down to 375°F
  5. Combine eggs, milk/flour mixture, melted butter, salt and pepper.
  6. Stir in spinach. Then stir in feta cheese.
  7. Bake 25 minutes or until set.
  8. Let stand 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment